5 February 2017

Stampendous Laurel Burch Cats Mail Art

Hi everyone, I hope you've had a good weekend. I've popped on to share a postcard I made today with a gorgeous new stamp set from Stampendous by the artist Lauren Burch famous for her brightly coloured folk art style paintings of people, animals, birds and flowers. I've admired her art since discovering her art on notebooks so I was very happy to see that Stampendous has licensed them for stamps.

I used the Indigo Cats Set which has three separate cat stamps that I masked together and there are two styles of butterfly as well. I was pleased to find that included in the set is stencil which I used over my distress ink background. I stamped over the background and then added pencil colouring to the cats and butterflies. I've used a rough surface watercolour card postcard from a pad which is nice and heavyweight to take the water used on the inks.

I'm looking forward to making some more with the other stamps From this line. My lovely friend Carole sent me an absolutely gorgeous card using one of the other cat stamps in the line and you can see it in Carole's post here, we are both fans of Laurel's work.

Back soon.

Chris x

 

4 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

It's gorgeous

Astrid Maclean said...

Super colourful perfection, love this!!

Fiona said...

What a lovely riot of colour Chris, looks like a lot of masking went on here too. Fab job!... and your friend's card is great.

Julia said...

Fabulously colourful postcard Chris, I love it. I came across Laurel Burch art quite recently and then I see this postcard, what a coincidence. I guess I need to go investigate those Stampendous stamps then!