19 May 2016

Paperbabe Stamps May Release

Hi everyone, for Paperbabe Stamps May release we're introducing the gorgeous Butterfly Pieridae stamp set. I've been eagerly awaiting butterflies from Kim :-D, they're one of my favourite types of stamp and this set is really beautiful with a great mix of styles of butterfly and ways to build them.

As you can see from stamp sheet above, there are layering options with the stamps with solid shapes and overlay stamps and it's always great to have the stamps in a variety of sizes which is useful for background stamping which is how I've used them to create my background pattern.

There are even stamps to create a butterfly in flight which is very easy to do by stamping the slim wing and half of a butterfly over the top, it's very effective and gives lots of options to create scenic panels.

I did my stamping in various Memento Luxe and Versamagic inks over a distress ink background and I embellished the stamps further with white pen. I also added little hearts, solid and outline which are included in the set and the sentiment I stamped over distress ink. The butterflies are a nice easy shape to cut out too which I've done with my pink and black layered butterfly.

I also used the set on an Artcuts wood heart, the background is layered pencil which has then had a coat of pastel ground and then stamping in distress ink. The large butterfly is also coloured with pencils and a bit of distress ink. I like how the distress ink reacted over the pastel ground giving an aged and muted effect, it reminds me of fabric.

Well that's it from me today, there's wonderful inspiration from Kim on Paperbabe Stamps blog and the stamps will be on sale at Paperbabe stamps tomorrow.

Chris X

 

No comments: