2 February 2016

PaperArtsy - Clare Lloyd Stamp Release

Hi everyone, I'm excited to be posting again for the PaperArtsy New Stamp release and was thrilled to be asked to join in as a 'wingman' helper by the lovely Clare Lloyd for her new stamp sets. There's an in depth post on the PaperArtsy Blog with all the details and all the wingmen samples.

Below is Leandra's video showing all the samples that have been made for Clare's stamps

 

Each new set features a large portrait girl focal stamp which are going to be great for canvases, art journaling but also for cards, they're such sweet faces too. These stamps can be extended by adding clothing as I've done in some of my samples. Claire's accessory stamps and sentiments are always great too giving versatility to the sets.

My first sample above is with the ECL09 set worked on a PaperArtsy white/grey board 5x7 substrate using the colours we were asked to use: Antarctic, Mermaid, Bora Bora, Candy Floss and Bougainvillea.

I've used Prismacolor pencils for the face colouring and used the new stencil in the background which I've embellished with black and white pens over a fairly dry brushed painted bottom layer. All the cut out flowers are stamped onto Fresco painted card first.

I've used the petal stamp to stamp over the background in paint for this sample. More cut out flowers and all is embellished with black and white pens.

Lots of cutting out on this next sample layers are either stencilled or stamped with dots.

My 3D item is a hinged wood tryptich where I've used both stamp sets and the stencil with grunge paste. Again the colouring is with pencils and I've extended her a bit giving her arms and a bit of a dress embellished with other stamps from the sets. The hat is created using the flower in the stencil and grunge paste, I painted over the gap between the centre circle and the outer petals to give a complete shape. I've also added grunge paste dots with the stencil in the background as well as stamped dots. I love the little birds and they've been stamped and cut out from painted card. The cloud stamp is going to be very useful and I've coloured it here with white Fresco paint mixed with PaperArtsy Matte Glaze.

Here's a closer look at the details. I drew in her arms the dress and then layered on the bow and the butterflies.

The next set is ECL10 and another lovely portrait face that is a dream to colour. I've used another PA 5x7 panel for this portrait and extended her a bit again giving her a poncho stencilled with the petal shape.

I stencilled the background using the spot part of the stencil and several of the paint colours and glammed up the bow I added to her headband with glitter glue.

I coloured all the faces with pencils and matched them up to the paint colours apart from the flesh tones. I'm a big fan of bright colours in the hair and all of the girls I've coloured have a different colour for the highlights in the hair.

The next sample has another dry brushed background, multiple clouds and those gorgeous birds with the teacup nest all stamped onto painted card and cut out apart from the clouds which I stamped direct on the background.


My final sample shows the teacup again and this time I added some flowers from the first set and a stencilled flower as the focal image.
I've thoroughly enjoyed working with Claire's new stamps and I'm looking forward to the rest of the release coming up every night this week.
Back soon and have a good week.
Chris x

 

6 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Thank you Christine, fabulous work. x

craftimamma said...

Amazing samples from you again tonight Christine and once again awesome showcasing of Clare's lovely new stamps. Love the wooden triptych, her hat is beautiful!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Fiona said...

Parts of you are pretty awesome too Chris! Superb work here.
x

hanap said...

Your portrait faces are lovely. Thanks so much for amazing inspiration.
hanap x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous samples and your co,luring is stunning as always. Tracy x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely pieces with Clare's new stamps - you've really brought those girls to glowing life.
Alison x