23 December 2015

Origami Christmas makes

Hi everyone, I'm sharing some some more Craft Barn Christmas Club makes and into these makes I've worked in some origami made from my gelli plate prints over stamped with a Stampendous snowflake stamp set.

My gelli prints were made using DecoArt Media fluid acrylics in various colours some of which were green gold, quinacridone gold, cadmium yellow, quinacridone red, primary magenta, cobalt teal and ultramarine simply laid down with a brayer. I made up the wreaths and the background for the card from cut down pieces of the gelli prints and added some acetate to the centre of the small wreath to have a floating snowflake in the middle. By varying the sizes of the interlocking segments different sized wreaths can be created.

I added die cut snowflakes to decorate, these were also cut from leftover pieces of the prints.

I'm entering my makes into the anything goes no 65 challenge at Inspiration Destination challenge blog and the challenge 26 anything creative/mixed media challenge at love to create challenge blog.

If you're preparing for Christmas I hope you're getting there, I still have lots to do tomorrow. If I don't manage another post over Christmas and you celebrate then I wish you a happy and peaceful time.

Chris x

 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your origami wreath really cute and different which is a good thing. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Hugs Kelly

Words and Pictures said...

These are terrific, Chris - such depth of colour, and so cool to create the origami garlands. Wishing you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season!
Alison x

Juls said...

Fabulous .. Gorgeous make xx