29 August 2014

Paperbabe Stamps Challenge 2

Hi everyone, I'm posting today for our second challenge at Paperbabe Stamps blog which this time has a colour inspiration as the theme. If you have some Paperbabe stamps or digi's I hope you'll join us.

I've stamped with the brilliant Doll Face stamp set again which is fantastic for mixed media and this time I've used the stamps to create a a girl with a dreaming closed eye look. I built up my background first in acrylics to match up to the colour scheme and continued that in the girl. I used the wave stamp from Oriental Zen to make my border with violet pigment ink and also from this set the lotus peony outline which I stamped in an aqua/turquoise ink to make the impression of a lacy dress.

I added my writing in white gel pen using the words of a song by Suede from way back, the lyrics have always stuck in my head.

Have a good day, I hope you have some creative time and I leave you with the song in case you'd like to listen.

Chris x

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW This is gorgeous! I love it. The colors are amazing.

Kelly said...

I love the theme you have going on with the journal page and music! Once again this girl is gorgeous!! I love what you did with her lashes, so artistic and looks fabulous. This set was made just for you, I am sure you had input on it as you make the most beautiful ladies with it!!
Have a fashionable day,
Kelly

Sandy said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, Chris!!! I want this stamp set for sure.
Sandy xx

Elise said...

HI Chris! I just have to tell you .. you've blown me away by your pages once again! Wowwwwww! I truly love your AMAZING creativity and you even added little freckles on her cheeks! Oooh how I love little freckles!!! sigh .. she's just beyond GORGEOUS! Loooooove!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Christina C. said...

WOW!!!!! Chris, this is a phenomenal work of art. As a matter of fact, your artistry blows my socks off!!!!!That face is beyond gorgeous....love the way you did the lashes. Totally enchanting!

Danielle Champagne said...

OH!....... wow. love love love all about your page Chris. so feminine, and so wonderfully put together. Your drawing and coloring always make me go : Ah... OH.... and loose my words. :) I love the song too. the go together, perfectly. Fabulous page. Hugs.

Nicola said...

Awesome creation Chris, I adore every inch of it, the colours, the design, the written lyrics around that beautiful face - truly a work of art!
Hugs Nicola xxx