2 July 2014

Flip-it's card and gift card folder


Hi everyone. I have a flip-it's card and gift card folder to share today made using sizzix dies to cut out my mixed media paper.
Lots of Paper Artsy Fresco Finish chalk paints in opaques and transluscents (Mermaid, Beach Hut, Snowflake, Blood Orange, Very Berry, Inky Pool, Lilac) were added to build up the colours  in several layers and then the stenciling was done with the transluscent shades of the paint. The final layer of stenciling was done with white paint mixed with Paperartsy matte glaze to knock it back a bit and all the colours except blue were used through the Tim Holtz heart stencil.


 I stamped over the card base with various stamps from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous set Bitty Grunge but left the centre extra panel piece free from stamping for contrast apart from the Tim Holtz Hashtag sentiment and the stamping on the heart die cut with a Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers heart die.  All the edges are doodled with dots of white, black and Sakura glaze pen, the glaze pen adding a bit of shine and the heart has also been given a layer of Ranger Distress Rock Candy Crackle paint.
 

The little gift wallet is coloured in the same way but with less colours of paint and less stamping. The sentiment panel has been coloured with the same colours as the card and stamped with another of the hashtag sentiment stamps before doodling and adding the distress crackle paint.

As I've used a stencil for the hearts I'm entering my card and folder into the July Country View Crafts Challenge of 'stencil it'.



 




19 comments:

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh how lush is this card?!! the most gorgeous design and colours, I adore it!
Mel, xxx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Stunning card Chris,love those fresco paints.

Hugs
Donna x

Christina C. said...

So gorgeous!!!! Totally adore this creation, Chris!

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, stunning card!

Tine said...

Fabulous projects, Chris. Love all the colours & creative stamping using all those crafty techniques.
Tine :)

Irish Cherokee said...

That is a very interesting pattern and the color lends itself to the overall design. The gift card folder is a nice match and completes the set nicely.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Ooh thanks for following me Chris and your lovely comment on my blog. I am already following you so it's lovely that someone who makes such lovely art like you is looking at my stuff :)

Hugs
Donna x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - those layers of colours and hearts are just stunning, Chris - what a fabulous mixed media card. The texture and the folded construction are fantastic too, and I love the little gift envelope. Absolutely brilliant!
Alison xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Wow this is soo cool. Never heard of fresco colors... Just bought the other day some of those shimmer paints you used on an "older" artwork you showed. Silks now I remember lol.
I never can get enough of your artwork Chris ... Just last night I was there went 2 years back :) it's inspiring and sweet pain at the same time because I know I will never master your skills.
Love
Claudia

Chrissy said...

Stunning Chris..I love the colours and technique and fabulous card design...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

whyducks said...

Oh yum!

Redanne said...

So, so beautiful, I love how you built up those layers of paint and stenciling and the gorgeous colours you have used. Anne x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous birthday make! I love the colors and marbling, and the envelope is sublime! FABULOUS!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous mixed media card Chris! I love all the layers and the beautiful heart!

Sandy said...

Wonderful Chris! Absolutely gorgeous!!
Sandy xx

Kelly said...

This is a stunning card Chris! I love the texture you did all over with paint and stamps, it is gorgeous, one to Pin! Have a great day,
Kelly

KarenB said...

Wonderful showcase of techniques, I love the layering.

Astrid Maclean said...

Such an interesting design! Great card and fab stenciling! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Countryview Crafts

Margik said...

Fabulous card with a great use of the stencils. I love your technique.
Mar